We are currently recruiting volunteers to help across some of Portsmouth's vaccines hubs. We require marshals to support either/both inside the vaccine hub and outside around the site.
The marshals are there to be a visible presence, offering clear direction, guidance and reassurance to visitors attending the centre.
Shifts available are 7 days a week, between 8am-8pm, with a variety of shift times
As a Vaccine Volunteer you will:
- Be interested in supporting the COVID Vaccine Programme
- Be interested in the wellbeing of the community
- Be tactful and diplomatic
- Be responsible
- Enjoy helping and linking with others
- Be able to work in a team
- Be observant
- Be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Have compassion and understanding
- Have a flexible approach
- Take photos whilst on duty or engage in social media in relation to their volunteering.
- Disclose any information to a third party. This is an essential part of the role.
· Access clinical areas or areas that have not been authorised.
· Take any equipment or patient information from the Trust property.
- Handle instruments/needles/syringes
- Handle contaminated waste
- Observe hand gel and infection prevention practices at all times
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- Wear clothing suitable for the weather conditions
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, whilst on duty or outside. This is an essential part of the role.
- Adhere to Trust policies i.e. Information Governance and confidentiality
- Limited Physical Access
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
Shifts are 7 days a week, between 8am and 8pm
This opportunity has no specific location.
Bi Pride UK
Salvation Army Haven Community Centre
Sikh Recovery Network
Africa Health Organisation
St Margaret’s Community Church