Girlguiding is for all girls and young women aged between 5 and 18, and we need your help!
In just the South West region, we have just over 10,000 girls on our waiting lists, waiting for space to become a Rainbow, Brownie or Guide – all we need are adult volunteers to make it happen!
Being a volunteer with Girlguiding is rewarding, fun and is completely flexible! We have weekly, fortnightly and monthly vacancies, either 1 hour or 2 hours each time. We meet on every day of the week, with lots of locations so there will be one close to you. On weekdays we meet late afternoon and evenings, but weekends we meet during the day too.
You will need a sense of enthusiasm, sense of humour and definitely a sense of fun! We’ll pay for your DBS check and any training you might need. You’re giving your time, we’ll give you our support. We want our girls to grow into well-rounded, confident young women, and we’re open to all. We are a non-religious organisation, and want our girls to learn life skills and have adventures.
Volunteering with us benefits you as well as the girls. We have free qualifications and training which look great on your CV, and have regular free thank you events, such as our recent afternoon tea at the Pyramids. You’ll get to join in all of the fun that the girls have, and you’ll be fully supported by a mentor while you get started, and for as long as you need.
– Help our girls have fun and adventures with as little as an hour per month
– Volunteering times are flexible, we just ask for your commitment
– You’ll need a sense of humour, sense of fun, and sense of adventure
– You can come and help, or take a leadership role
– It looks great on your cv – volunteering proves you are employable
– We have free qualifications and trainings in leadership, safeguarding and first aid to name a few
Click here for details of the roles available or, for an informal chat, email Caroline on firstname.lastname@example.org