Personal Choice is a local charity who supports the wellbeing of people in Portsmouth, particularly the Charles Dickens ward need more accessible information, advice, support and opportunities for social integration to address the problems of economic and social deprivation and improve their independence and wellbeing. We also aim to support older people in the years preceding retirement to address issues that could lead to poverty and isolation in later years. We aim to offer a holistic service with a person-centred approach offering time to discuss issues, explore avenues and provide the information, advice and support they need to make their own decisions. Beneficiaries can expect confidentiality, one to one and ongoing support, advocacy and input from professional bodies on a wide range of issues. Our activities include;
• Lunch Club (Wednesday 12-2pm) • ‘Prime Time’ Social Group (Wednesday 2-3pm) • Drop in Advice Centre (Monday – Friday) • Chair Exercises (Monday 2pm) • Job/Computer Club (Tuesday 2-4pm) • “Tea, Coffee, Chat” social Drop-In (11-4pm) • Afternoon trips out • Other social activities
We are looking for a volunteer who can update the website with relevant posts, promoting the activities and work we are doing to a wider audience. Posts will be relevant and subject-specific as this will also be an avenue for potential funders to get a ‘feel’ for the project as a whole. We would also require a volunteer to come to our activities to capture the atmosphere in order to portray this in website posts.
• Existing skills with website maintenance and upkeep. • The ability to work independently and with some supervision. • Ability to use own initiative and creative skills. • Excellent written communication skills and a high standard of written English. • Attentive to detail.
- Limited Physical Access
We are an accessibility friendly workplace
- No criminal record (DBS) check required
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Suitable for 14yr olds
- Suitable for 15yr olds
- Suitable for 16 year olds
- Suitable for Families - (under 16's with an adult)
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require a driving licence
- Will require own vehicle or access to a vehicle
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
We suggest 4 hours a week. We could divide that with a few hours at the groups to know what you wish to capture for the posts, and then time to write and upload the posts. We have groups almost every day, but Monday, Wednesday and Friday are by far the busiest; some or all of these days would be ideal for a volunteer to be present.
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Personal Choice
Age UK Portsmouth
The Literacy Hubs
Home Start Portsmouth