The role of Secretary is an opportunity for someone who enjoys both administration and being at the heart of things. There will be a need to be aware of confidentiality and data protection compliance. Cascading information to other group members is a vital part of the role. For this reason, the Secretary is usually the first point of contact for the GNN Hub.
- Support the Chairperson in their role
- Liaise between committee members/other volunteers
- Prepare agendas and send them out in advance of meetings
- Write up/keep records of committee actions/decisions
- Forward information to volunteers
- Book venues and speakers for the Groups' main AGM
- Circulate previous AGM minutes in advance if appropriate
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Compassionately Portsmouth
UKFCP Support Centre (The UK Federation of Chinese Professionals)