The role is :
- To maintain the financial records of the Charity, ensuring that it holds its funds in an appropriate manner (cash at bank and, funds under investment management with professional advisors)
- To oversee the work performed by the retained third-party bookkeeper and to liaise with the Charity's external accountant to ensure appropriate accounting policies are followed at all times.
- The Treasurer would prepare and present a report at the meetings to enable the Board to make appropriate funding decisions. The Treasurer would also authorise bank payments on behalf of the Charity for payment of supplier invoices and/ or charitable donations.
- The Board of Trustees holds a meeting every two to three months, lasting up to three hours maximum (usually less!) and occasional ad hoc telephone conversations. (The option to become a trustee is available)
- Requires a knowledge of accounting and understanding of accounts for charities
- Ability to prepare and present reports/ accounts to the board
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/07/2021
End Date: 01/07/2022
Needs to be able to attend a board meeting every 2/3 months and devout a few hours weekly to the rewarding role.
This opportunity has no specific location.
Butterflies Bereavement Support
The EC Roberts Centre
Age UK Portsmouth