Exciting new opportunity volunteering with Portsmouth Guildhall, as Front of House Volunteers.
- To deliver a high standard of customer service throughout all areas of operation of TGT
- To perform front of house duties, including checking concert tickets, showing people to seats, guiding people around the building and being an ambassador for Portsmouth Guildhall.
- Follow all TGT Health & Safety procedures, taking a lead role in any building evacuation procedures when on duty.
- Clearing foyers and main auditorium of debris during & after concerts and event.
- Be responsible for your own safety and not endanger that of colleagues/visitors to the workplace.
Work in compliance with the Code of Conduct, regulations and policies of The Guildhall Trust, and its commitment to equal opportunities.
The benefits of volunteering will include:
- Watching shows/gigs when they are selected to volunteer
- When volunteering goes past 10pm they will be offered a free taxi home (anywhere on Portsmouth island)
- To have good verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment
- A conscientious, flexible and have a ‘can do’ working style
- Have the ability to work unsupervised and follow standard procedures
- Able to use initiative
- Limited Physical Access
- No criminal record (DBS) check required
- Suitable for 16 year olds
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
Age UK Portsmouth
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
THE YOU TRUST/ Advice Portsmouth
Tools with a Mission
New Theatre Royal