Support of Social Group
We are setting up a group for people over 25 years of age with disabilities as there is currently a lack of activities for this group. The group, Abilities for Life, will be volunteer-led and provide a weekly social get together to support members to overcome loneliness and isolation. The group will provide a space to meet as well as information and activities.
We are currently looking for volunteers to join the committee of the group as well as volunteers to facilitate the group on a weekly or fortnightly basis. The group will be based in Cosham.
evening sessions 6pm-8pm
Benefits of volunteering
- Rewarding and interesting role
- Meeting people from different backgrounds
- Developing your social skills and confidence
- Gain experience in being part of a committee/ running a group
- Good communication skills
- Wanting to make a difference in the local community
- Good social skills
- Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds
- Some understanding of disabilities or special needs
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
When can I volunteer?
evening sessions 6pm - 8pm
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
Home Start Portsmouth
Final Straw Foundation
Salvation Army Haven Community Centre