We are looking for volunteers who enjoy meeting people and making connections in their local community.
Ambassadors are the voice of ShelterBox in the community.
We want to spread the story of ShelterBox, of the millions of people across the world made homeless by terrible events, and of the hope that practical help can bring.
It is a flexible role, which you can shape according to your skills and time commitment.
It will include some of the following:
• Speaker engagements - Delivering at least 8 talks a year to a wide variety of audiences including schools, universities, and community groups
• Supporting our fundraising campaigns
• Receiving cheques and donations from local groups
• Holding/ transporting and occasionally accompanying our Demo ShelterBoxes at local events
• Reaching out to community groups to offer them opportunity of in person and virtual talks
• Promoting the work of ShelterBox through use of social media channels by sharing content across your network and working with our digital team to create your own content if you wish
• Seasonal/ ad hoc fundraising using your own community insight to support a calendar of exciting activities and in response to times of major disaster
- Passion about the work of ShelterBox and the stories we have to tell
- Ability to actively manage your own diary
- Ability to develop links and opportunities within the local community
- Either an ability to drive, use public transport or use online meeting platforms such as zoom, to attend speaker events
- No criminal record (DBS) check required
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
There are opportunities during the day and in the evening across the whole of the week Approximately four hours a month
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Tools with a Mission
Portsmouth School Governors
Together in the Hive Portsmouth