Portsmouth volunteer centre helps volunteers find placements through the Portsmouth Together website and personal support via emails, telephone enquiries and volunteering drop-in sessions.
We are now looking for more volunteers to join our team, and support with the volunteering advice drop in sessions in Central Library. This is a public facing role, engaging with people who are interested in Volunteering.
- chatting with the general public
- dealing with customer enquiries about volunteering, in person, on the phone and via email
- Conduct short conversations with customers to identify volunteering opportunities
- basic admin duties such as dealing with emails, updating information on the internet.
- Answering the telephone
- keep up to date volunteering opportunities
- keep the volunteering database up to date
Perfect for people looking to use volunteering as a path to employment, anyone who enjoys chatting and helping people, we also can accommodate people who can only do term times.
IT, ICT, Computing, Admin, Local, Communication
suitable for under 18s
Good communication skills and pleasant manner when dealing with the public
Discretion when handling confidential information.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Basic computer literacy, including some experience of word processing and using google
Training will be given
- Limited Physical Access
- No DBS check required
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 03/01/2020
End Date: 03/01/2021
More Opportunities from Together in the Hive Portsmouth
Portsmouth School Governors
Macular Society Support group (Portsmouth)