To support people living with enduring mental illness who may be suffering with the debilitating effects of chaotic lifestyles, loneliness and, or social isolation. Our team of caring volunteers visit clients in their own homes, and in the community, providing companionship and friendship- replacing loneliness and confusion with friendship and empowerment. Outreach Volunteers support people to achieve their personal goals by providing encouragement and motivation- promoting self-esteem, happiness and contentment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Empathy, kindness, compassion, and patience
• Observation and honesty
• Problem solving, initiative, and flexibility
• Confidence in communicating and working with a wide range of people
• Previous experience supporting vulnerable people is desirable but not essential
• An understanding of mental illness
• Knowledge of safeguarding, confidentiality, and informed consent
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
weekday, weekend, mornings, evenings, daytime we ask for a minimum of 4 hours weekly or 8 hours fortnightly- however are happy to speak with volunteers who aren't able to commit to this
This opportunity has no specific location.
Paulsgrove Community Garden - St M's
The Package Free Larder
Ronald McDonald House Charities UK
The EC Roberts Centre
Final Straw Foundation