Simon Says is a child bereavement charity supporting children and young people up to the age of 18 in the County of Hampshire who have lost someone significant in their lives.
We are seeking a volunteer to lead our team of dedicated volunteers at our monthly support group in Portsmouth.
We run a 2 hour drop in session for bereaved children up to the age of 11 once a month (10 months of the year). Each month is themed (anger, memories etc.) and we run activities to help the children open up and come to terms with their feelings and their loss.
We are looking for someone to
- plan the sessions (Planning is available and can be used / adapted).
- Co-ordinate the volunteers
- Organise and manage the session
- report back centrally
- brief and debrief the team
- welcome new families and contact them after the session to see how they got on
You must be a good organiser and have excellent communications skills. Ability to motivate and lead a team of volunteers. Experience working with children. Commitment to lead all 10 sessions (or make sure that someone is equipped to run the session should you not be available).
- Limited Physical Access
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
Northern Parade Childrens Centre
Home Start Portsmouth
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
Barnardo's, Hampshire Healthy Families
Hampshire Search and Rescue