The role of the grant writing volunteer is to support the charity in writing successful grants to trusts, foundations and institutions.
The Corona Virus pandemic has badly affected our fund raising events which have been all cancelled and several grant applications have disappeared overnight. However there are plenty of opportunities continuing to emerge and we want to be prepared to roll with our Kindness School programme for schools when we transition to a Covid free world. To do that, we are in need of funding and would really appreciate your voluntary assistance.
We have a team of three within the fundraising team and are looking to bring in additional capacity due to the workload involved within Grants section.
- Administering grant management activities including registering the charity with funding organisations;
- Writing applications, editing and collating all information as required
- Updating the Grants database and application spreadsheets
- Managing the submissions process, progress and follow ups with funding bodies and internal stakeholders;
About Be Kind Movement
Our charity empowers women and children with the education of Kindness that equips them with emotional intelligence skills for life. We focus on educating, through the visual medium of film, to have a greater sense of self-awareness by being kind to self, and to others. Higher emotional intelligence means an improved sense of well-being, and the ability to deal with deeper issues affecting mental health such as standing up to bullying, dealing with loneliness etc, all of which can start as early as primary school. Embedding very early on a culture of kindness to oneself and mindfulness to others means children are taught essential life skills to draw on - today as children, tomorrow as adults. An emotionally intelligent child is more likely to be happy, do well academically, grow up to be a confident adult, contributing positively to society and community, with a high regard for personal well-being.
We are looking for volunteers to have the following knowledge and skills:-
- Degree educated
- Proven track record in raising income from at least one of the following sources: trusts, foundations, or businesses.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills with good experience of writing and delivering successful grants and tenders
- Committed to producing high standards of work and detail oriented
- Excellent working knowledge and comprehension of written English
- Excellent IT skills ( Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Highly organised, reliable, able to work to tight deadlines with good timekeeping
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Not suitable for under 18's
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
UKFCP Support Centre (The UK Federation of Chinese Professionals)
Bi Pride UK