AbilityNet provides free IT support to help older people and people with disabilities to use technology to achieve their goals. We have a network of friendly volunteers who can help with most major computer systems, laptops, tablet devices and smartphones.
All across the UK our 300 volunteers visit older and/or disabled people at home to offer one-to-one support with their technology, whether that’s a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
Some of the work our volunteers do includes:
- Trouble shoot technical issues.
- Offer impartial advice on technology.
- Set up new tech and install hardware and software.
- Show people how to use their tech at home e.g. shop online, send and receive emails and Skype with family and friends.
- Make adaptations to support a disabled person’s specific technology needs.
Basic understanding of technology and a willingness to teach others with patience and kindness.
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
cost met by abilitynet.
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
Volunteers are asked to provide a minimum commitment of 2hrs per month.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Home Start Portsmouth
Repair Café Portsmouth
Body & Soul
Portsmouth School Governors
Sunshine of Hounslow