We are seeking a volunteer to lead a team of dedicated volunteers at a monthly support group in Portsmouth.
The role requires you to be available on a regular basis for 4 hours a month, to lead a 2-hour session (10 months of the year) for bereaved children up to the age of 18. Each month is themed (anger, memories etc.) and we run activities to help the children come to terms with their feelings and their loss. You will welcome new families and contact them after the session to see how they got on.
Who are Simon Says?
Simon Says provides support for bereaved children up to the age of 18 at our monthly support groups. Our groups provide an opportunity for children and young people to spend time with others who have had similar experiences. Groups are themed and activities/group work sessions are organised by our volunteers.
We are looking for someone to:
· Organise and manage the session
· Co-ordinate the volunteers
· Support the children
· Debrief the team at the end of the session
· You must have experience working with children
· Be a good organiser
· Have excellent communications skills
· The ability to motivate and lead a team of volunteers.
· Applicants must be over the age of 18
· DBS check is required
· Application process: application form; interview; DBS check; training
· Expenses will be covered
· Training provided
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Simon Says
Children and Families Services - Independent Visitor Service
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
The Package Free Larder
Age UK Portsmouth