Compassionately Portsmouth is an exciting new initiative which aims to bring compassion to the heart of the city community. It provides an umbrella for people to engage in collaborative partnerships from many different sectors.
Our drivers provide transport for socially isolated people to access groups and events in Portsmouth.
You will be responsible for the safety of the older people in your care. You will escort people from their homes into your car, and then take them to / from the agreed destination, and see them safely back into their home.
• pick the older person up from their home at an agreed time and date to take them to their destination.
• help the older person access the car safely.
• help the older person access their activity, and arrange a time to pick them up again afterwards.
• report any concerns to the person who supports you e.g. if the older person does not answer the door, or you are concerned about someone you are transporting.
over 21 years old, clean driving record, own car with 4+ doors. good listening and communication skills
Additionally, please check that your insurance covers transporting other people as a volunteer driver.
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require a driving licence
- Will require own vehicle or access to a vehicle
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
mutually agreed times and days.
More Opportunities from Compassionately Portsmouth
The Literacy Hubs
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
Portsmouth City Council Youth Offending Team
Home Start Portsmouth