Dreams Come True is a national charity that works hard to enrich the lives of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions aged between 2 and 21 years old.
The Role may include:
- Distributing collection Pots to local businesses in your area
- Collecting full collection pots from local businesses
- Distributing leaflets and posters to raise awareness of Dreams Come True
- Counting and banking donations on behalf of the charity
This role is important as you will be helping raise vital funds and awareness in your local area. The more businesses that display or have our collection pots in your local area will enable us to grow our supporter base.
- As much or as little as you can give with enthusiasm and willingness to get involved and become part of the team
- You may need to volunteer some evenings and weekends depending on the business open times.
What are the benefits to me?
- Meeting and working with new and inspiring people across the community
- The ability to volunteer around your own commitments
- Learning new skills whilst having fun!
- Adding to your CV
- Getting more involved in and making a difference to your local community
- Helping children and young adults
- Volunteers will be given a full induction once they have been signed up to be a volunteer
- There will be mandatory training which includes health and safety, safe guarding and GDPR
- There will be additional training that volunteers can get involved in and this will be offered out to them. The training will help then develop their skills and get the most out of volunteering for dreams.
- Passionate about helping Children and Young Adults with a serious and life limiting illness
- Good communication
- Confident to talk about the Charity to new people
- No DBS check required
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Dreams Come True
Citizens Advice Portsmouth
4th Portsmouth Boys Brigade
Dreams Come True
The Girls' Network charity
Portsmouth City Council Youth Offending Team