It is essential for people self-isolating to have access to information and resources to not only look after themselves but to help reduce feelings of isolation and uncertainty. We are looking for volunteers that we can call upon to be part of a small team to help look after a set area/ number of roads in their area, to help with the following tasks:
· Deliver 'Isolation Packs' - posting them through letter boxes or leaving them on doorsteps to avoid any face-to-face contact. These would include any necessary items such as food.
· Delivering 'Wellbeing Packs' - puzzle books, mental health information, activities, crafts packs etc
· Be the point of contact for vulnerable residents to feedback issues to, and then forward this information to the HIVE
- Telephone and email support at all times during your volunteering
- Access to guidance on Safeguarding, Data protection and Lone Working
- Support network of other volunteers local to you
- Food and essential items– for creation of food and essential item parcels when needed in your area
- Materials provided to support neighbours
2 references required
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Together in the Hive Portsmouth
The EC Roberts Centre
Age UK Portsmouth
Prison Advice and Care Trust
Barnardo's, Hampshire Healthy Families