The role is facilitating a coffee afternoon for tenants at Caroline Square, King William Street, Portsea, PO1 3JG. Caroline Square is a housing facility that offers onsite care to tenants who may require additional support, there are 43 self-contained flats with a communal lounge and dining area.
We would like the coffee afternoon to run once per week, the day it's held can be flexible from Monday - Thursday. The coffee afternoon is part of a wider Extra Care Community Connector Service which is supporting the community development within Extra Care as well working with tenants who are experiencing loneliness/social isolation.
Care staff are on site at all times and will support residents to and from the lounge area if required. We would like to start the coffee afternoon when Covid-19 restrictions allow for small group meetings to take place.
Volunteers will be fully trained and supported in their role by an Extra Care Community Connector member of staff. Ideal qualities we would look for are:
· Good communication skills.
· Be able to actively listen.
· Be comfortable facilitating a small group, welcoming people and initiating conversation.
· Have a positive 'can do' attitude
· Be non-judgemental and respectful
· Be able to maintain confidentiality
· Be organised
· Setting up including getting refreshments ready
· Liaising extra care housing staff as necessary
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
Caroline Square, King William Street, Portsea, PO1 3JG
Africa Health Organisation
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
Diabetes UK - South East