This role involves helping with events nationally, and local our Midlands Centre, throughout the year. There is no minimum commitment. We are always grateful for an extra pair of hands to help with setting up events and tidying up afterwards.
Times can vary, and you can choose to help all day or a morning/afternoon session.
By volunteering you will:
· Be a valued member of our charity
· Be able to meet like-minded people
· An opportunity to take on a rewarding new opportunity
· Have fun by joining a friendly, enthusiastic and supportive team of volunteers
· Visit some fantastic locations throughout the UK.
· Volunteers are an invaluable part of our team and whatever time you can give, will help us to continue our life-transforming work.
‘Without the continued hard work and support from our volunteers, we would not be able to provide our clients with our life changing dogs’
· Signing up to volunteer at events local to you, is a great way to enjoy a day out while giving back to your local community.
· Raising awareness of Canine Partners and what we do.
· Visitors at events hugely benefit from their interactions with volunteers who are the ‘friendly, welcoming face’ of Canine Partners.
· Handing out leaflets, taking donations, helping with activities (i.e., selling raffle tickets) directing people to our website.
· Use your great customer service skills to enhance people’s interactions with the charity.
· Meet people of all ages and backgrounds.
· Raising awareness of volunteer opportunities.
You will receive:
o Training on our systems and processes
o Reimbursement of pre-approved expenses
o Briefings about each event via email, in advance to attending on the day
o Invitation to join our Official Canine Partners Community Facebook Group
o A point of contact who will support you in your role.
o Volunteer clothing and ID badge.
· Age 18 and over
· Flexibility to visit different locations around Portsmouth
· A polite, confident, and personable manner.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Most opportunities require standing for the duration of the session and/or being in a busy environment. Please advise us if you have any concerns about this, and we will do our best to support you
- Not suitable for under 18's
- Will require references
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 30/08/2023
End Date: 29/02/2024
This opportunity has no specific location.
Community Champion - Portsmouth City Council
Final Straw Foundation
Tools with a Mission
Loaves of Love