If you have learning difficulties, disabilities, or come from a background of mental health or substance misuse, and you would like to learn new skills and gain work experience in a cultural setting, you will be helping to run projects using the Conan Doyle Collection. You will be supported by professional artists and authors, the Conan Doyle team as well as library and museum staff to develop your skills in all areas of project management.
Conan Doyle Collection, Central Library or other branch libraries when required.
· You will highlight areas to work on for your personal development, skills you would like to develop. These could be using IT, navigating the journey to work, to setting up and running projects in various ways.
· Engaging with each project task and completing it to the best of your abilities
· Communicating with others
· Working alone or within a group setting
To regularly commit to the entire length of the project, for short periods at a time.
What we need from you:
· To be excited and motivated by this opportunity
· To feel motivated and able to work autonomously or in a group
· Experience or wishing to gain experience in working with people.
· An interest in history, culture, art or Conan Doyle and his links to Portsmouth
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Conan Doyle Collection
Portsmouth School Governors
St Bernard Support
Conan Doyle Collection
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Youth Commission
PROVIDE A MEAL