After the success of last year’s event, the Bi Pride UK events team is expanding. Last year, the Bi Pride UK event sold out of online tickets, hosting over 1300 members of the public. This number rendered Bi Pride 2019 the biggest bi gathering in history!
Given current circumstances caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we are now also exploring the world of online, live-streamed events to add this extra feature to our already very exciting annual gathering. Given the clear advantages that have come to light linked to live streaming in terms of accessibility and reach as well as other elements, it is worth noting that we will be utilising live streaming going forward to enhance and grow our annual live event. Therefore, from 2020, all Bi Pride UK events team members should expect some virtual tasks to also be incorporated within their role, depending on what their role is. We are looking for team members to be joining us long term and upon completion of Bi Pride 2020 to dive straight in to planning 2021 which we envision being our biggest and best event yet.
The Artist Liaison Manager for Bi Pride UK
This role is ideally suited to someone with well-developed interpersonal skills, a passion for great customer service and experience working with artists and performers. Ensuring everything is in place as pre-agreed for artists to ensure they are at ease throughout their experience with Bi Pride UK will be the foundation of all tasks and processes the Artist Liaison team, led by the Artist Liaison Manager, will manage.
- Develop a clear process for managing artist relations, starting with booking confirmation and handover from the booking manager.
- Act as the first point of call for artists, their managers and their agents
- Liaise regularly with the booking and programming officer to ensure all artist information held is correct
- Take responsibility for all artist travel, accommodation and rider arrangements
- Work closely with the technical production manager to ensure all technical requirements are met, or where they cannot be met, suitable alternatives are agreed upon with the artist and the tech manager.
- Be responsible for drawing-up, sending and confirming receipt of artist advance packs
- Recruit volunteer artist liaison assistants to work on the team, this will include writing role descriptions and interviewing candidates. These recruits will make up the artist liaison team to whom the artist liaison manager can choose to delegate elements of their role to
- Maintain accurate accounts of expenditure, obtain sign off from your line manager for all spending and ensure all spending is kept within budget
- Collate artist and speaker press shots and bios and make accessible to the Marketing team.
- Establish and nurture relationships with artists, agents and managers
Why volunteer for a charity? Volunteering in your industry position is an excellent way to build up your skills and add another exciting project to your CV. Bi Pride UK are growing rapidly and quickly making a name for themselves in the GRSD environment as a historic charity. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while making great change for a fantastic cause.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- A creative problem solver, always seeking solutions
- A team player who is ready to get stuck in with an awesome charity team
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Preferred but not essential
- A degree or similar qualification in events management, music management or performing arts
- Previous experience in an artist liaison role
- Team management experience
- Customer service experience
- Not suitable for under 18's
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from Bi Pride UK
Portsmouth City Of Sanctuary
Home Start Portsmouth
Eastney Area Community Association
Together in the Hive Portsmouth
Together in the Hive Portsmouth