Could you help us make Christmas special for those who may have little or nothing under the tree on Christmas morning?
We’re in need of new, unwrapped toys or gifts:
– presents for children, aged 0-16 years, particularly for teenagers, both boys and girls
– gifts suitable for older people who are facing isolation
– toiletries and gifts that would be suitable for those who are homeless
About the Christmas Present Appeal What is it?
The Christmas Present Appeal (CPA) helps make sure no child goes without a gift to open on Christmas Day.
New, unwrapped toys or gifts are:
• donated by members of the public
• collected and wrapped by local Salvation Army centres
• distributed either directly to families by us, or through partners such as social workers and health visitors
• As well as gifts for children, The Salvation Army supports families with presents for adults, and will also give food hampers to families and individuals in need
Why are The Salvation Army involved?
As a Christian Church and Charity, we are passionate about unconditionally demonstrating God’s love to everyone.
One way we do this at Christmas is through the Christmas Present Appeal. We’ve been running it for many years, making a huge difference to local families who otherwise might have received nothing. This year with the impact of COVID-19 we are anticipating the demand will be greater than ever. The challenges that families have faced are varied and often heart-breaking. The Salvation Army is committed to working alongside communities all year round. The Christmas Present Appeal is one way in which we can work together to bring hope and support to struggling families. This means that families who receive gifts are also able to access a range of other support we give throughout the year.
No skills needed!
Christmas present appeal will be running from 8th November through to 3rd December
Items need to be dropped off at the Volunteering Desk on the ground floor of Portsmouth Central Library anytime during Central Libraries opening hours
To apply please follow this link!