Journey Makers is a project funded by the Department for Transport (DfT) which has commissioned HIVE Portsmouth to co-ordinate a volunteer support programme to assist travellers at transport hubs. HIVE Portsmouth is now recruiting, training and co-ordinating volunteer Journey Makers to assist travellers, provide guidance and to help keep people safe.
We need people to provide support and guidance for the public at Portsmouth & Southsea Train Station and providing a welcome environment for people returning to work. All volunteers will be provided with training, face-covering and a Hi Vis jacket identifying you as a Volunteer.
Volunteers WILL be:
- Welcoming passengers to Portsmouth & Southsea station
- Guiding passengers through new designated social distancing safe pathways
- Encouraging passengers to use face coverings (in line with government advice)
- Providing clear and concise verbal instructions to people moving through Portsmouth & Southsea station
- Reassuring passengers and answering questions
- Fully supported and safeguarded by the transport hub
- Provided with PPE and a high-visibility vest clearly stating you are a volunteer
- Reassured by receiving training and an induction before you start
Volunteers WILL NOT be:
- Fulfilling any aspect of an employee’s role
- Expected to know timetable information
- Asked to compromise their safety
Availability – based at Portsmouth & Southsea train station
Between Tuesday 1st September and Friday 9th October (Mon – Fri)
Shifts are Mon – Fri 7am to 10am (Morning shift) and 4pm to 7pm (Evening shift)
Ideal commitment of five shifts over the six weeks
We are also looking for people who would step into a Volunteer Leader position for some of the shifts!
To apply please follow this link!